SRE Consultation Information
Dear Parents and Carers,
Before the Coronavirus pandemic occurred, the Government had decided to make relationships education in Primary school statutory and relationships and sex education statutory in Secondary schools. This was paused during the pandemic. However, we ensured that our relationships education was introduced by September 2020 as was originally required.
As we move out of the pandemic, it is important that we consult with you on the changes we have made to the relationships education – which is now a statutory part of the curriculum – and the proposed changes to sex education at primary school. Your thoughts, opinions and concerns are important to us so we would invite you to respond to the consultation.
The consultation will take the following format:
- The proposed SRE policy will be placed on the school website
- The Relationship curriculum will be placed on the school website.
- The proposed sex education curriculum will be placed on the school website.
- A survey consultation will be offered via the school website for all parents to respond to.
- An in school information session will be offered after a 4 week online consultation period for further questions, concerns and issues to be addressed.
- Any changes to the proposals will be considered by the school.
- The relationships education curriculum will continue to be implemented. The proposed sex education curriculum will be implemented.
Below you will find a link to the proposed SRE policy. Please ensure you have read the policy in full before proceeding.
Below you will find a link to our relationships education. For this curriculum, we follow the Jigsaw curriculum which is approved by the PSHCE Association and used throughout a number of schools in the local area. We have decided to add to our relationships education by following the No Outsider programme and a link to their website is provided below.
Below you will find a link to our sex education curriculum. For this curriculum, we follow the Jigsaw curriculum which is approved by the PSCHE Association and used throughout a number of schools in the local area. We have decided to add to our sex education by using the nationally recognised Christopher Winter Programme.
Below you will find a link to our survey which we suggest you complete so we can gather your thoughts, opinions and concerns regarding the Relationships, Sex Education (SRE) curriculum at Willow Tree. I would say ‘There is no such thing as a silly question’ so please use the survey to ask any questions you would like us to clarify.
The in school information session will take place on Thursday 24th February at 2:15pm. Please indicate via the survey whether you plan to attend this so we can ensure there is enough room for everybody. Also, if you have any questions, please let us have them in advance so that we can ensure they are answered.