Children and staff have developed a set of "Golden Rules" which have been reached through discussion and debate.
These are displayed around the school. They are:
- We are kind, caring and helpful
- We listen politely
- We try our best with everything
- We look after other people and property
- We are honest and truthful
As well as our school rules, each class makes up class rules at the beginning of the year which everyone agrees will assist learning and facilitate a happy classroom environment.
There is an expectation of high standards of personal behaviour and respect for others which we hope you will encourage and support.
Children's achievements are celebrated in a special Celebration Assembly held every Friday. They do find this very motivating. Rewards also include stickers, certificates, praise and the opportunity to share their work with other staff and children. Considerate behaviour is also noticed at break and lunch times.
As a school we recognise that:
Everyone has the right to:
- feel safe, cared for and respect for
- be able to learn to the best of his/her ability and to develop whatever skills he/she possesses
- be treated equally irrespective of gender, race, physical characteristics or any other factors
- learn and play with out disruption
Everyone is expected to:
- be responsible for their own behaviour
- respect the rights of others.
We say No to Bullying, whether verbal or physical, it has no place in our school. We ask for all parents and pupils to help us by reporting immediately any incidents so that we can deal firmly and fairly with any bullies, involving parents if appropriate.