A warm welcome to our Reception Class.
Miss Haunch, Miss Smith & Miss Ashton.
Our Early Years Vision.
· Promote a love of learning
· Encourage your child’s confidence, resilience, responsibility and respect.
· Help children understand about the diverse society in which we live.
· Provide opportunities for intellectual, physical, communication, social and emotional development.
· Meet the needs of your child.
· Provide formal and informal learning experiences both in and out of doors.
· Foster your child’s well being.
Below we have listed some videos, information documents and a Timetable of the weekly activities for your perusal.
Thursday mornings is PE time and the children will need Black Pumps, Black Shorts and a Green PE T Shirt. For outdoor PE, trainers, jogging bottoms and sweatshirts are recommended.
Friday mornings is Forest School and we will provide Over-trousers, Cagoules and Wellies but the children will need to bring a warm coat and possibly hat and gloves in the winter.
Reading books will be exchanged on Fridays.
We use Tapestry to share the children's learning adventures and other information with parents and carers.
Active Learning offers Reading Bugs which is a smashing on line resources to support the teaching of reading and joy of stories.
The class can have an intake of up to 30 children. As you can imagine that is a lot of school uniform which is identical. Please put your child's name in Jumpers, Cardigans, T Shirts, Shorts and Pumps.
The school day is from 8.45am to 2.45pm.
The staff are always available to meet and greet in the morning and again at 3pm. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to approach us.
We hope you enjoy our Class page.