The broad aims of Willow Tree Community Primary School are:
1. To educate children to be learners for life.
(Including – socially and emotionally, regardless of age, race, gender and ability, fostering independence, self esteem, confidence and a sound foundation for later life)
2. To enable all children to achieve their potential.
(Including – celebration of success in all areas recognising positive contributions of every sort)
3. To create a safe, secure and happy environment, where children can thrive.
4. To create a place where we all develop respect and responsibility for ourselves and others.
(Including – speaking and acting appropriately at all times, caring for the environment and property).
5. To recognise and value differences within the whole school community.
(Including – children, parents, families, staff, Governors, visitors and anyone associated with our school).
These aims will provide the impetus for all our developments.
Willow Tree is a Community Primary School for boys and girls aged between 3 - 11. Our school has a Foundation Stage Unit for children aged 3 - 5. The school first opened its doors in February 1979 and has recently undergone extensive remodelling.