Teachers: Ms Kelly
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Beech
This half term, we will be learning...
- Maths – We will be looking at Place Value, especially counting forwards and backwards, as well as using number lines, ten frames and hundred squares. We will also be working on the Four Operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- English– We will be using Lost and Found by Oliver Jeffers as a basis to write our own labels, lists, stories and information texts.
- Science– To support our topic of Living Things and their Habitats, we will be visiting Martin Mere Wetland Centre.
- DT– We will be designing objects to accommodate and feed small animals and birds.
- Geography – Using local and UK areas, we are going to be focusing on using and making maps and plans. We will also learn about geographical language and compass points.
- RE – We will be thinking about what religion is and will be learning about aspects of different religions.
- Music – We are looking forward to naming and playing different percussion instruments.
PE – PE lessons take place every Wednesday. Please make sure PE kits are brought in at the start of each half term and are left in school.
Water bottles – Please ensure that your child brings a water bottle to school every day.
Homework – Homework will be given out every Thursday and is due back the following Tuesday. This will alternate between English and Maths and will also include a discussion task.
Spellings – Spellings will be given out every Wednesday and will focus on common exception words. Please help your child to practise these words ready for ongoing spelling assessment.
Snack – Children will have access to free milk and fruit every day and can also bring in 30p to purchase an extra snack when available at break time if they wish.
Readers – Home reading books will be changed as soon as possible once your child has completed theirs and shown that they have understood it. Please listen to your child read as often as you can and write a comment in their reading record when you have done so.
We went on a trip to Martin Mere! We had an amazing time and everybody behaved beautifully. Here are some photographs of our excellent trip:
Chestnut hunted for microhabitats and humanely captured live mini beasts to identify. Our findings included woodlice, ants, worms and ladybirds!
Chestnut Class welcomed some new residents today! We set up their habitat together and are looking forward to observing our snails over the next few weeks.
Thank you to all at St Nicholas' Church for welcoming us today. It was great for the children to see for themselves what we have been learning about in our RE topic of 'What's Inside a Church?'
Chestnut and Willow had a fantastic time at Knowsley Safari Park and they behaved impeccably. The animals we saw included lions, rhinos, camels, wolves, vultures, bats and sea lions and we even got to touch creatures from the Australian rainforest!